toshiba regza calibration

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by baz18, Jun 11, 2009.

Tags:
  1. baz18

baz18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought a toshiba regza 46XV560A lcd and have been told by plenty of people that it has to be adjusted to get the best picture but no one can tell me which settings to configure it to, contrast and backlight etc. any advice would be great.

2. Fatwaz

Fatwaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get a calibration dvd/bd (digital videoe essentials)with all the test patterns you need and advice what to do or just do a search for lcd calibration and you will find plenty of sites with advice for basic or full calibration

in simple terms you adjust brightness to get the proper black level and contrast to get the proper white settings and basically turn sharpness way down and turn off all other so called enhancements for the best picture.toshibas are normally very good with tons of settings you can adjust.search on here for threads for your model as there are a few about with other owners setings for you to try.

at the end of the day it is worth it:D

3. davidcharles

davidcharles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +273
    ..i know i have a different model but most Toshiba's repsond well to similar settings.....

backlight should be a round 40-50
    contrast as high as possible...ie max
    colour around 45 ish
    brightness about 40-50
    sharpness around 0 or lower (mine is at -10, any lower and i think its softens picture too much)

i have DNR set to low which helps get rid of a bit of background "noise"
    mpegDNR is off on mine

i have auto backlight off (its a bit intrusive)
    auto contrast i have on....it dims or brightens picture depending on room lighting...its subtle and i think it works well, especially in bright rooms.

hope that helps....