Toshiba Regza AV 55 Digital Series 32"

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by sore napper, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sore napper

sore napper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Okay, bought a new TV.

Toshiba Regza AV 55 Digital Series 32" 32AV554D

Price £389, knocked down to £349 and I picked it up for £315.

Was wondering if anyone else had one and knew the best calibration settings. I haven't messed with the settings yet, but I have noticed that some movies look a little too dark. The only game I've played on it so far is Wipeout HD and I was very pleased with the quality.

Over all, it was a budget buy, almost knew nothing about it and its better than I expected. I've tested a dozen movies on it and I'm well pleased, the colour shines and the blacks look real black.

It accepts 1080p input, but obviously the TV scales it down to its own resolution of 720p or 1080i. Not sure which one it is yet as I can't find the option in the menu that lets me check.

Comments on the Set would be appreciated. Did I pay too much? Is it one of the older sets? Anyone had any problems with theirs? What do you like and dislike about the set?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. barrykap

barrykap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi

My friend has one of these TV's and she just canot get rid of the 'Quick setup' menu which appears every time she switches the TV on.

She only uses the two SCART inputs (one for cable TV, one for DVD player) so there is no ATV or DTV ariel input.

I am wondering if the tV, because it can't find nay terestrial channels to tune, keeps displaying this every time asking for a retune?

is there any way the menu can be cancelled permanently without having to keep pressing the 'exit' key.

Many thanks.

Barry

3. sore napper

sore napper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I get the 'Quick setup' every time I switch the TV on. I only have the PS3 connected via HDMI and a DVD Player using a scart. I have no aerial going to the TV.

I think the TV needs an aerial to tune the built in free view to get rid of the 'Quick setup'.

4. barrykap

barrykap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks.

Yes that's what I thought.

I told her to try and let it do an auto-tune (she has no ariel to plug in) and thought maybe it woudl report 'no channels found' but hopefully then discard that menu display. But, no it just won't!

I may connect a piece of wire to the ariel input until I get a snowy signal then let it log onto that. It might go away happy then.

barry

5. Saz2000

Saz2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i got one off these TVs and im having same probs menu all the time carnt seem to plug in a AV lead and my PC dont work on it i want a to return and i dont know what my rights ect are i got it from currys in grimsby payed with card
    can i return for store credit on one that dose what the guy said it would or is it hard?
    Thanks

6. Vodookong

Vodookong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having the exact same problem, only have sky on tv through scart and I can find no way of stopping the quick setup menu appearing each time it turns on. I left it complete the scan and it finds nothing and goes back to the quick setup again.

Just wondering if anyone found a way around it as it is annoying having to press the exit button each time you turn on the tv.

7. RibbleRam

RibbleRam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I can confirm that this did the trick! Need to plug in an aerial and do the auto-tune. After this, on start up the annoying quick set-up guide will be no more