Toshiba Regza 37AV555D to laptop

Standard Member
Hi

I've a Toshiba Regza 37AV555D tv which I want to connect to my Dell laptop. I've a VGA (from laptop) to HDMI cable and can hear from the laptop when I go to the hdmi channel, that it is recognising the cable. The laptop flickers but still get No Video Signal on the TV. I'm on Windows 7 and have done the Windows+P and tried all 3 options, Dual display, Extend and connect to projector. Still I've no picture on the TV. There is no DVI/VGA connection on the TV itself. There are scarts and HDMI ports.

Any ideas guys?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You cannot connect a VGA (analogue) to HDMI (digital) lead and expect to get a picture...you need a convertor.

Standard Member
So I got a DVI to HDMI and picture quality is perfect.

I got one of those 3.5mm to 1.5mm jacks for the sound. Plug it into the headphone jack of both the TV and laptop and getting no sound. Someone has told me to enable it on the tv side but I've not seen any signs in manuals about headphone jacks having to be enabled. Sound is on.
I can see the playback sound on the laptop and it shows that sound is working on the laptop, but nothing comes out of the TV.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
So I got a DVI to HDMI and picture quality is perfect.

I got one of those 3.5mm to 1.5mm jacks for the sound. Plug it into the headphone jack of both the TV and laptop and getting no sound. Someone has told me to enable it on the tv side
The HDMI1 socket on the TV has to be used for video and you need a 3.5mm Stereo jack to Stereo Phono lead.
The stereo jack plug at the laptop end and the phonos plug in to the HDMI1 (Audio) Phono sockets.

Standard Member
Note to self: **never listen to a store assistant who thinks he knows it all**

Thanks again for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom