Toshiba Regza 32SL863B no sound

Emy

Standard Member
Hi all,

Just received the Toshiba Regza 32SL863B from Amazon. The installation went ok, after a few hours (the TV was connected to internet), I have got a message saying that there is a software update available.
I updated it and after a while I turned it off. After a few hours I turned it back on and surprisingly there was no sound at all, checked everything, no chance. I tried to revert to the factory settings, I could not find it, just the Reset TV, it resets to the initial configuration that came with, no old software/firmware.

Whenever I turn it on there is an attempt of sound, just a second, after this the sound is no more.

I tried to find the previews firmware but I could not find it. It seems that the latest software is causing this.
Apart of this issue, the TV looks OK. I like the stand, it is very strong made.
I tried to contact Toshiba support but it seems that is notthat easy.
Any help/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

Emy

Standard Member
Strange, the headset is working... I just sent a request to Amazon for a replacement.
I was thinking to change it with LG or Panasonic, but I will get one more to see how it will work.
I like it, it is very well built.

Emy

Standard Member
I have received the replacement of TV, but I am afraid to update to the latest software, which come with some improvements in regard with playing avi files from usb port, maybe other improvements..
Without this update I cannot play any of video files. If I will update it I might have the same sound problems as the one I have just sent it back.
I have tried to contact Toshiba support centre by mail, but no answer so far.
Has anyone any idea the best way to contact them, phone or email. I did it through website and I did not get any answer yet.

Emy

Standard Member
Hi,

Originally came with 19.2.38.2.30 jun.20.2011 FW
I sent a letter to Toshiba UK, I was given a ref. no. but it's been three days and no answer.
The new one available is: 19.2.61.2 Dec 2 2011 FW:14. I did update it and so far it is working fine, the sound is working fine.
With this update the TV has faster response when turn it on, supports DivX VOD. I can play all my avi files.
Very pleased so far. the only think it worries me is; Toshiba support, do not seems to be good.
I also have a LG 19inch, I had a problem with it, the LG support were PERFECT. They picked it up, fixed and no charge at all.
I hope this one I am not going to have problem with it. If it will be Amazon has great policy of taking care of it, even after 30 days money back.

Sparky1pq

Sounds to me like there was either a problem with the original TV or something happened to the original firmware update. Sorry as it is working now can't really help but glad to hear it is ok now.​

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom