Toshiba Regza 1080p LCD 37x3030d - Widescreen Viewing Issue

rs1291

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - hope you can help with the frustrating issue I'm having with my girlfriends Toshiba!

Firstly, I have to say, having taken ages to write out everything I have tried earlier on and going into specifics - hoping to get better help/answers, I went to post but I had been logged out, unfortunately losing everything when I hit the back button to return to the text box.

Oh well, onto the real issue - I can't be bothered to type word for word what I had so I will try to be as concise as possible now becuase I'm knackered!

Basically - I went to my girlfriend's house with my PS3, hooked it up as usual via HDMI then found out that the remote had gone for a walkabout - absolutely nowhere to be found. No problem in getting up now and again so no issue there.

However, having turned the TV on I could see straight away that the TV hadn't Auto Scanned to allow the PS3's display to fit the screen at 1080p/720p. I tried all HDMI inputs but still no change - the screen looked 'stretched/bloated' or maybe 'zoomed in' is the correct term? Vertically there wasn't too much lost but the left and right sides were cut off a lot. Either way I wanted it gone!

I messed with the side panel buttons for an eternity - before and after downloading the online manual for the TV, but sadly to no avail. I am not so familiar with the TV and I couldn't for the life of me find an option to somehow change the Widescreen Viewing options which I hoped would solve the issue.

I tried testing some other inputs such as the freeview going into EXT.1 and that was completely normal.

I returned to the PS3 HDMI input to test out Red Dead Redemption and a Bluray but still no luck.

So I guess my question should be: Is there anyway at all to change the Widescreen Viewing options without the remote? Or do you think it could be a completely different issue?

Any help is much appreciated so a big thanks in advance,

Daniel.

Last edited:
if you have a sky+ remote try pressing the pause or play buttons.

Thanks Ruud but unfortunately she only has a basic philips freeview box/remote at the moment, then Virgin when she moves house again but that is currently in storage somewhere. Annoying!

Just to update: I went to Richer Sounds to see if a Universal Remote would maybe work but the guy said I needed the original Toshiba remote to program it in before it would indeed work. :( Makes sense of course but I'm a bit impatient due to the fact I'm visiting for only 10 days and I brought loads of Blurays to watch with her etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom