1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba Rear Projection TVs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by squiresp, Jul 31, 2001.

1. squiresp

squiresp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm thinking of buying one of the Toshiba rear-projection tvs - probably 46wh08b. I think I can get it for around 2K with all the extension speakers / cabinet etc. Can anyone recommend another set, or has any experience of the Tosh sets?

Cheers.

2. wah

wah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Pete,

My Tosh 40WH08B arrived last Friday and I have been impressed with it so far. The picture is quite bright and clear. I assume the model you're after will be the same spec apart from a bigger screen so I would recommend it - although you should check it out in the stores first before you get that credit card out.

3. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Pete

Try and make sure that you shop around for prices on the 46wh, as Toshiba themselves have confirmed that the 46in will be discontinued in Sept and two new models, one 50in and one 52in with onboard digital tuner will replace it, with the 50PH18B first, in fact about now. The 52WT19B and 42WT19B are due Sept and August. Don't let this put you off the 46Wh08b- it's an excellent set- just bear this in mind when looking for a deal.

Hope this helps

;)

4. Jingy

Jingy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Tosh 46" and am not happy with it at all, the picture is quite grainy but I think this is more due to the anti-reflective glass, also the build quality is questionable. As an alternative try the KP48PS1 Sony set, it is not a widescreen model but in my opinion this does not matter too much as you get 2" extra and even widescreens have black bars running top and bottom, even if it is on stretch.

5. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0