• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

toshiba rear projection tv 42pw23p screen shield

snazzy

Standard Member
Hi , i have a toshiba 42PW23P rear projection televisions in silver .Absoloutely perfect for gaming.Which is the reason for my visit.I still love my rear projection but have just developed a Wii problem!! Any bells ringing. Yes you guessed it,the screen has developed 2 cracks :oops:near the top and nobody knows how it happened or who did it.Adults and children alike get so excited playing the wii games and occassionally 'forget' to use the straps provided to prevent incidents like this from occurring.You dont see a warning on the wii console boxes either.Well anyway the wimotes or numchucks have gone flying through the air here and i cannot find a replacement screen anywhere.I am well out of warranty too.I came across a review somewhere and have since been unable to find it again.This was discussing large tv screen protectors/shields for gaming.These were made from clear plastic that hooked over and did not detract from viewing experience.Have you found anything yet or does anybody else know where i can get one of these or a new screen for my toshiba 42Pw23P that wont cost the earth.Wii play is on pause until i find a solution.The cracks are small , first one is about an inch long and the other about 2 inch but i just know that if anything else was to knock it the whole screen might go.Somebody even suggested an injection of some clear liquid repair solution that binds the crack like what they use on cracks in car windscreens but i cant see the RAC coming out to repair my tv screen.I would appreciate any suggestions as i do love my rear projection but not only that i dont particularly want to be shopping for a new tv every couple of months.:lease: any ideas welcome!! Neither will i let them loose with the wii play on the other tv due to possible breakages on that.neither will i let them loose on my lcd due to this very reason breakages.One would think since the wii came along you would be able to pick up a tv screen shield from just about anywhere by now but i have not found one yet.Why hasnt anybody thought of this!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom