1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RDXS34 - Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RedRasper, Feb 15, 2005.

1. RedRasper

RedRasper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Been looking at the various options for a dvd / hd recorder, and it seems the xs34 is possibly the one to go for.

I've got 500 quid to spend on it, (Which looking around seems to be what the price will be), and I'm happy to wait.

But the one thing playing on my mind is sky. Where I live I'm in flats so can't have sky plus, and one thing I want to be able to do is record stuff off sky. Looking at the xs34 it seems to be able to change channels on sky (can someone correct me if I'm wrong here?) but is there anything else that might also do the job, and might be better at it.

At the end of the day I'm not totally desperate for dvd recording, but it I guess it might be worth having whilst I'm getting a HD recorder. My only other thought is possibly something like Tivo, but I have to say I know nothing about this!

Thanks for any comments/ suggestions in advance!

Oh my current set up is Toshiba 32zp48 TV, Tosh sd340 DVD player and Sky.

Chris

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Yes, the XS32 can control a Sky box, and the XS34 from the early manual also has this function.
    Mark