Toshiba RDXS34 and integral Freeview set up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lavender_woman, Jul 28, 2005.

1. lavender_woman

lavender_woman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new DVD/HDD recorder (RDXS34) which I am connecting to a Sony KD-28DX40U TV, which has integral Freeview. The instructions do not cover settings for integral Freeview. When I do ‘auto channel settings’ I can see it has put the Freeview channel settings in, but I cannot get the Freeview channels to play through the DVD recorder. I also have very poor reception on BBC2, which was fine before.

I have connected the two in accordance with the instructions in the quick setup, can you please advise how to get it working properly. :lease:

2. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Apologies for the vagueness of my reply but I have a RDXS30 hooked up to a panasonic freeview enabled telly. The combination was set up > 12months ago and I'm not at home at the moment so don't have access to the manuals etc..

I do seem to remember, on the Panny anyway, that certain features need to be supported by the recorder in order for the telly and recorder to sync up. (Sony - ?smartlink? etc..) None of those features are supported by the RDXS30 and the upshot is that my TV and RDXS will not synch up.
    I have to use a separate freeview box to record freeview programs.

I hope that I've not managed to confuse you, but if you look in the TV's manual particulary about recording freeview from the TV it will hopefully tell you which feature needs to be supported by your recorder in order for it to work.

3. al4n

al4n
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the tosh xs34 with philips tv freeview built in.i can record freeview through the ext channels au 1 channel and sky on au2.i also had to manualy tune the1-5 channels to get the best pictures.
    alan

4. lavender_woman

lavender_woman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seemed to have it sorted. I needed to adjust the TV setting to make sure that the digital channels were going out of the scart lead, then use AV1 on the DVD recorder.
    Thanks for advice.