1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RDXS34 - advice on best connection setup

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rap451, Jun 12, 2005.

1. rap451

rap451

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello to all,

I have purchased a xs34 and am very pleased with my initial basic uasge, but anyhow, I would appreciate some guidance on setting it up with the best connection for my equipment I have.

My current setup is:

tosh 36ZP18 < component in > - RDXS34 < component out >
    tosh 36ZP18 < optical in > - RDXS34 < optical out >

tosh 36ZP18 < av1 scart in > - tosh vcr < scart out >

daisy chain for uhf - tosh 36ZP18 - vcr - analogue cable STB

I have bought a Sony VTX-800U freeview STB, how do I get the best setup for this new STB equipment?

I would like to record freeview digital TV and view it but hopefully not always via RDXS34, can this be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Richard

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Looks like on the 36ZP18, only the EXT1 SCART is RGB.

I suggest connecting like this:

- The TV Out from the VTX-800U SCART --> AV2 on XS32
    - AV1 out from the XS32 --> EXT1 on 36ZP18
    - Connect your VCR to the VCR SCART on the VTX-800U
    - Add your VTX-800U to the uhf loop (I suggest make this first, i.e. ariel into the VTX-800U, output to the next box. Order doesn't really matter. If you want to be able to record analogue on the XS32, you also want to loop it through the XS32.

You can keep your component video and the audio connections as you have them.

With this setup:

- If you want to watch the Freeview with the XS32 off, put the XS32 in "Sat Moni" mode. It will then pass the RGB signal to your TV via SCART. The audio will also go directly from the VTX-800 to the TV via the SCART.

- If you have the XS32 on, it will output component to the TV, with the audio via the optical connection.

- You can record on the XS32 from the VTX-800 either by selecting "AV2" as the input and making sure the VTX-800 is on the right channel, or you can use the IR "dongle" (with code 1526) and use of the "Sat Cont" button when using the record menu.

- You can record on your VCR from the VTX-800 directly

- When you play your VCR, it will pass through the VTX-800 and the XS32 (with Sat Moni on) to your TV.

Hope this makes sense!

Mark

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I just noticed you also have an analogue cable STB, I didn't address this. Do you want to record on the XS32 from this as well as the Freeview STB? If so not sure the best way to do this, you could add some SCART switch (so either can connect to AV2 on the XS32), or maybe connect the cable box to the S-video input?

Mark

4. rap451

rap451

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Mark

Thanks for the info, I think I understand so I will give it a go..... as for the analogue STB, I think I'll see if I can incorpoarte it somehow after following your guide.

Thanks again ....

Richard