toshiba RDXS32SB DR-OFF

suziebaby2002

Standard Member
Hi
My Toshiba RDXS32SB is showing DR-OFF which seems to mean the remote isnt working. Any ideas how i can trun it back on. I havent got a clue what i did to make it go off.:lease::lease:
Thanks.
Sue

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi
My Toshiba RDXS32SB is showing DR-OFF which seems to mean the remote isnt working. Any ideas how i can trun it back on. I havent got a clue what i did to make it go off.:lease::lease:
Thanks.
Sue

I interpret that to most likely mean that the hard drive has auto-turned off after a period of inactivity.

It will auto-start again when you press play or record.

jjjpold

Standard Member
I've got the same exact problem with the same recorder and still didn't find any solution for months !! Each time i press a button on my remote i get this RD -off message but nothing works...
any idea ?:lease:

thanks

Gavtech

Administrator
I've got the same exact problem with the same recorder and still didn't find any solution for months !! Each time i press a button on my remote i get this RD -off message but nothing works...

thanks

I presume you mean DR off? Not RD off.

There is no indication that this is an option in the remote codes ... but it may mean that the remote code is not matching the machine.

There are 3 optional codes: DR1, DR2 and DR3.

The default code is DR1 and is likely what your machine is set to... Therefore try resetting the code on the remote to DR 1.

Use the following method:

Lift the flap on the remote.

Press and hold the Setup button located in the bottom left hand corner of the remote. Whilst holding, press button No. 1 on the keypad above it.

That changes the code to DR1.
Now try to see if the remote will operate the machine.

If not, repeat the procedure using the number 2 and 3 buttons in the sequence and see if those codes work with the machine.

Muttley1900

Standard Member

thanks

With my Toshiba RD-XS24SB, you can switch off and on the remote by "Press HDD and DVD on the Recorder at the same time for three seconds or more"

Hope this helps.

jjjpold

Standard Member
it finally worked by pressing the two channel buttons (up and down) on the recorder at the same time for more than 3 seconds...

Thank you very much for all your answers.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom