Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba RDXS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Biccy, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could anyone who owns or knows about RDXS32 answer the following:

1) Will be using i-link feature for capturing camcorder footage...does the on-board editing allow you to edit out more than just a whole scene as im looking to be able to cut out fragments of footage such as deleting just a few seconds of clips ie.if camera is a bit wobbly & just take that bit out?

2) Is the playback through RGB output going to be as good as a dedicated DVD player in £150 to £200 area?

Thanks for any help .

2. cyber_who

cyber_who

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You can add chapters which can then be deleted, this pretty easy and there is a time/frame indication so you can try and be precise with the chapter positions.
    Using a playlist you could easily see if the chapters are in the right place before dubbing to disc.
    And if the chapters are wrong they are easily deleted to allow you to start again.

As for playback quality, it certainly seems to be as good as my other DVD player.

3. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Playback quality being goog is good to know cos i thought i may have to get another dedicated player :thumbsup: . With the editing though im hoping you can actually cut out sections within chapters...not just cut out the whole of footage between where the toshiba recognises when you have pressed record & stop. Im thinking of maybe just a second or so of bad recording?

4. cyber_who

cyber_who

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you want to cut out sections within a chapter its easy to add further chapters and then delete those containing the info you don't want.
    Remember, unless you set the auto chapter function any chapters are defined by yourelf within a recording, and you can add them wherever you please.

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    i think Dv in does auto chaptering on scene change. Cant test this as cammy is not digital

6. cyber_who

cyber_who

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Once its recorded onto the HDD though you'd still be able to edit chapters I'd imagine. This would allow chapters to be added, merged or deleted.
    However my camcorder does not have DV out so I cannot test this, but cxannot imagine files created from DV would be different to those created by other means.

7. Normandy16

Normandy16
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think you should be aware, that you will get a half second or so pause between edit points, it is not seamless! See much discussion on this in other threads in this forum - "RDXS32 review" and "RDXS32 - Editing Chapter start and end"
    This and other machines are designed to Author DVDs - ie create chapters not Edit as you might understand the term.
    If you butt 2 pieces of non sequential video together it will pause as stated above.
    To get clean joins you need a PC editing package I'm afraid.

P

8. Biccy

Biccy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought that may be the case, do have PC but editing process seems tedious. Thanks for all advice, will give it a go once i get machine & see how it is.

9. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the playback through the RGB output is excellent. It would find it difficult to imagine a sub £200 player could better it. However, the playback is obviously improved with the component output and prog scan.