1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RDXS32 Sky +

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dazzer123, Aug 20, 2004.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi just got the Toshiba RDXS32 and i really need some codes for it to control sky + can anyone help cheers .

2. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I could also do with the code as well... although I am a little suspicious it may not control Sky+ as I know the codeset is slightly different to that of standard Sky boxes .... Anyone ? :confused: :lease:

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Have you tried Toshiba techinical support on 08704 424424 ? If anyone knows a Sky+ control code they will. Just out of interest why do you guys need to control Sky+ with your Toshiba? Why not use Sky+ for timeshifting and Toshiba for archiving or do you both need to record three channels at once?

4. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you could not do this anyway; you can not dual record and watch a different sky channel.

I was wondering why they needed the sky+ code myself

5. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They can if the 3rd channel is analogue

6. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or even a digital signal if a freeview box is attached

but why would you need the code to control the sky+ box???

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    The only reason I can think of is if your going on holiday and want to set the Timer for one off/non-series link programmes that are being shown in over 7 days time or are worried about Sky+ HDD capacity. But surely such instances are rare :confused: depends how much TV you watch I suppose.

8. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If the 3rd record was analogue you wouldn't need the Sky+ control, you would set it up using the Tosh tuner either manually or using VideoPlus. I posted looking for the code before I bought my Tosh but never got a code. A month in the little mouse is still in the box and I haven't had any need (or even thought about) controlling the Sky+ box from the Tosh.

9. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't even need it to do that

you can get sky+ to auto change channels quite sneakily

simply set a manual record for 2 min for any channel and then another manual record on the want you want it to switch to 1 min later for 1 min, because of dual record it will automatically switch to the second channel.

10. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    That's a good tip Bobbles. To be honest my experience of using Dual Record on Sky+ is virtually zero - there is hardly anything I watch on Sky let alone two things at once. As soon as a Sky+ like DVDR comes along (hopefully Toshiba RDXS34) then I intend to cancel Sky until High Def launches.

11. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Rasczak - RDXS34 - tell me more, coz I agree, Sky+ can go if functions are all in 1 box, don't need Sky content, freeview content is fine

12. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Isn't much to tell yet. Originally Toshiba were going to release the RDXS33 later this year - a 160GB HDD version of the RDXS33. Instead that was canned and a new model, the RDXS34, will be released in March. No precise details yet but it will have a DVB with EPG (presumably Freeview one), HDMI connection and 250GB HDD. We'll have to wait and see how it shapes up but I have heard nothing bad about it yet.

13. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Rasczak,
    I can not believe we are now waiting until next march for a sensible HD size from Toshiba.

And as for DVB, well it seems to be a race between all companies to see how long they can delay implementation. Strange that fusion have managed to launch a VCR/DVB.

Any news on Panasonic's plans on DVB/DVD-RAM yet?
    Steve

14. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    It's very annoying and frustrating. I still can't believe Sony have dropped it from the RX1000 as the initial information was so promising: full EPG support with searchable listings/favourites etc. Toshiba is now the best bet in the short term.

Next year, not lossless is the dit I've heard - the same as most of the others.

15. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well if ican record straight to Toshiba in cases where I know I will be archiving the material it saves me a record process from sky+ hdd to Toshiba DVD at single speed much better to record to Toshiba hdd and then archive straight to disk two processes instead of three simple really.

Yes did call tech support they gave me the code of 0326 that according to the manual is for an Amsrtad DRX100 but does not work with my Sky+ box

16. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take your point, but you are running the risk of the programme time changing. You could use the dual record method I posted earlier.

Have you tried the code for the standard pace sky box?

Personally I usually watch the programme whilst recording to HDD putting in chapter points in the ads and FWD. Makes editing so easy, once you put in the start of ad point, skip usually takes you right to the end of the ads.

17. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes tried the standard code for pace but this does not work unfortunately I looked at the manual online as in the xs32 review thread it states that it is different than the manual supplied with the recorder but unfortunately mine is the same as the one online.

18. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted to have the code as if I know I am recording something I want to archive while I'm out, I may as well stick it on the Tosh's HDD rather than Sky+, otherwise I have to play it back off Sky+ in realtime, wasting time later, if that makes sense ? :confused:

I too have not had any luck with technical support.

19. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    They told me to call Sky to see if they know the code but i do not see how Sky could generate a code for a Toshiba machine it look's as though we will just have to manage with out it. :(

20. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that doesn't make much sense to me either. This is a long shot but you could try these codes

pace 0455, 0847, 0887, 1175, 0241, 0867, 0791, 0720, 0497, 0200, 0853

sky 0856, 1014

let me know if any of those work

21. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    1175 is the code my Kameleon 6 uses for Sky+ and have tried that code for the Toshiba and it does not work i have also tried many other codes from my Kameleon manual for Sky and Pace including some of those you list (Bobbles) but to no avail i will sit down ang give them a crack though thank's for your time and effort.

Tried the code's with no luck.

22. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well I said it was a long shot.

As they said ask sky I thought it may have been a code that works for all devices, never mind.

It suprises me that they do not know code for sky+. You would think it would have been programmed with the other makes of stbs.

23. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Called Sky+ technical helpline and as I thought they said they could not help with supplying code's for other manufacturer’s remote's for control of Sky+ and that in this instance it was the responsibility of Toshiba :thumbsdow

24. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are you going to give toshiba another try?

25. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

Nope I don’t think so I have already tried them twice and they don’t appear to be able to help it look's to me as though they have the same info regarding codes as me and that is what is printed in the manual.

Anyway time for another question as this is a somewhat complex recorder when compared to others, I would like to know this when the recorder is in standby and in satmon mode is there anyway of having the time on the display instead of the word SATMON.

26. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Not that I've worked out, but it really bugs me! The Tosh is off most of the time and with no VCR the clock would be useful.

I guess you have worked out that when it is on you can toggle the various display options (including a straightforward clock) with the fl button.

27. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no you can not

It took me a while with my old xs30 how to get the clock on when in standy