1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba rdxs32 recording from Sky+

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dnesdlrow, Oct 18, 2004.

1. dnesdlrow

dnesdlrow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got a toshiba rdxs32 and so far it's great, but the manual is a bit heavy. I'm trying to get my saved programs on Sky+ to DVD-R on the toshiba.
    I copy them to the HDD on the toshiba no problem, but then trying to fit say 1.5 hours of stuff onto a DVD is a nightmare.
    Is there a (simple!) way of getting the tosh to select the correct bitrate so that how ever many hours of stuff I have will fit on a DVD-R?
    Also what is meant exactly by Video compatible mode? and what's the difference between that and using the 'Create video compatible DVD'?

Sorry if this a bit basic but I'm finding that getting the hang of this machine is taking a while.
    Thanks.

2. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, I have the same Tosh/Sky+ set up. I have just switched both off for the night, so can't check this, but what I have been doing is either splitting up the Sky+ download into individual programmes or playlists and then dubbing to disk. I am getting better at setting the original dowload bit rate for the final disk I am looking for, as this allows high speed dubbing.

If you already have a load of stuff on the HDD and you eithe split it up or playlist it then dub it there is a "best picture quality" or something on the quick menu before it starts burning. I'll check tomorrow. The manuals are a bit difficult, I have learnt my way around by trial and error.

Video compatible, etc. I will have to leave somebody else to explain.

NS

3. dnesdlrow

dnesdlrow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Neville,
    I'm actually away from home now so can't play around with the menus. I tried using the 'best quality mode?' but it didn't seem to work, it kept showing me a cross which means it won't work/fit????? Do you have to format a DVD-R before using it? I didn't think so.
    I thought dubbing or copying was meant for archiving and you couldn't use the saved stuff in another DVD player, and that's where DVD video mode comes in???
    It really isn't that clear in the manual is it!