Toshiba RDXS32 Playing JPEG's

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Chris_R, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Chris_R

Chris_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am having problems playing JPEG's in my Toshiba RDXS32 HDD\DVD Recorder.

I have burnt 98 .jpg photos to a Fujifilm CD-R which amounted to 300MB. The disc was finalised, contained no folders and each photo was approx 3500 x 2500. The sizes of the photos certainly didnt breach the recomended 5000 x 5000.

I can view all of the images (thumbnails) via the content menu however only certain images will display on the screen, the same images each time in fact. During a slideshow the player moves through each image in turn as expected with each title imagebeing displayed however most show a black screen. Of the 98 files there are only 10 images that will display full screen.

Has anyone else had this issue. It seems odd that all files can be viewed from the content menu but not full screen. I would have thought if there were a compatability issue no files would display.

The CD-R will play back on other PC's, I havnt been able to play back on another DVD though.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Regards

Chris

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Pioneers will not display 'Progressive' JPEGs - only 'Baseline'. There is no discernible difference in quality. I think that Progressive is supposed to dispaly more quickly on PCs. Not really sure.
    If you have edited pics using something like Photohop you may have selected Progressive for output JPEGs. The same package will change them for you - it's a matter of displaying each image then saving in Baseline mode.
    I espect the Tosh manual has a list of what it will and won't display somewhere.

3. Chris_R

Chris_R

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Managed to solve this using JASC Paint Shop Pro version 8. No matter what format i chose in Photoshop 7 the images would not play back on the Tosh. Paint Shop Pro JPEG's :thumbsup: