Toshiba RDXS32 patterning on screen...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Lex, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Guys,

I am noticing a patterning on the screen on AV2 (only shows up during moments where the screen is completely black)
    The patterning shows up when watching sky or when using the games consoles, but not if sat mon is selected and not during DVD playback.

It is setup as follows: XBox & PS2 > rgb scart switchbox > Sky digibox > RDXS32 AV2 > TV (RGB)
    Also this is a new development. I have had it set up this way for months with no problems...

Now this has me stumped as it surely can't be any other devices interfering with the signal otherwise it would still show up during sat mon right? and it can't be the scart leads for the same reason... so what am I missing? :lease:
    This is really frustrating as I can’t record anything properly until I can clean up this patterning :(

Would really appreciate any thoughts/advice…

2. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds like crosstalk, try this trick it's free and will hopefully sort it for you -

crosstalk

caused by video loopback on pin 19 of cheap SCARTS (cut pin 19 off 1 end and pin 20 off the other end to remove)
    a faint duplicate image, or faint image from other source overlayed on picture

:clap:

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the reply jumbopants - i am slightly nervous about cutting my scart plugs as they were not cheap - they are gold-plated oxygen free etc... the patterning doesn't look like a duplicate image, it is just faint horizontal lines...

I will bear what you said in mind but want to be certain before taking any irreversible action, especially as this patterning is new so I am still not convinced that it is the leads...

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyone got any other ideas please?

5. robbie b

robbie b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you might have rf interference - I've had 2 different xs32's and both have suffered.

I found the best way is to replace all the rf cables in my setup with good quality ones - this reduced it a lot but didn't remedy totally.

Like you say it depends what you are watching, sometimes I don't notice it for weeks then other times it bugs me all day !!

Rob

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the reply robbie. I removed the rf plugs completely but it didn't seem to make any difference :(

7. robbie b

robbie b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you may have another problem then - when I removed the rf cables from my setup all the interference dissapeared.

Good luck !!

Rob

8. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    When I had this, it was electrical interference (from the power cable) affecting the RF cable. Changing the RF cables helped but I still got some; rerouting the electrical cable to keep it well clear of the XS32 RF cable solved it.

You’ve removed the RF, so may not be the same, but I wonder if the power cable on the XS32 isn’t shielded very well… maybe this can also interfere with the video cables? Try moving the XS32 power cable around and see if it makes a difference.

My symptoms were the same – faint lines, though mine were more diagonal than horizontal…

Mark