1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RDXS32 Mystery Disk

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Nathan Brazil, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Nathan Brazil

Nathan Brazil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Does anyone have any idea what minor magic has occurred with a recording I recently made? What happened is that I transferred an old VHS tape, (two actually from a set), onto the HDD. I then marked chapters, which amounted only to finding the dividing line between episodes. No adverts. After this I burned both episodes to a DVD-R, and as far as I can tell without looking at every minute, it's all come out fine. Now, the mystery comes when I went back to the HDD and combined the two original titles. This resulted in a file that is the same length, as the two play lists I'd previous made. However, the single title now will not fit on a DVD-RW or DVD-RAM. :confused:

I did not knowingly alter any settings for the first recording I made, to the DVD-R, so what's going on here? BTW, the original recording the HDD was in LP mode, and the same setting was used to copy to DVD-R. Have I gone bonkers, or is this some obscure feature burried deep in the bowels of the Toshiba manual? :rolleyes: