1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RDXS30 svideo input questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JackieDVD, Jan 8, 2004.

1. JackieDVD

JackieDVD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I'm a newbie with a few unanswered concerns about using the toshiba hdd/dvd recorder with the svid input and sky +.

I have a phillips 32" ws tv with 2 scart inputs. 1 is rgb. The other is svid/composite.
    I also have sky +.

If I get the toshiba, will it be possible to connect everything up so that I can do the following:

Pressing the sky button on sky remote will auto switch tv to the av channel outputting the sky picture. I also want that picture to be rgb.

The tv will auto switch the aspect ratio when watching sky.

The toshiba will record the ws flags so that the TV will auto switch the aspect ratio when playing back a ws recording off the toshiba hdd or dvds.

To my current knowledge, my above wants would not all be possible if I use the sky svid out conector. Correct?

Am I right in thinking there is a solution?

Would using a rgb/svid converter from the sky tv out scart to the tosh svid in achieve what I want? If so, is there any picture quality difference between this and using the dedicated sky svid out? Are there any pros and cons to doing this that I should know about?

Is there any other options that will give me what I want?

Lastly, concerning the next few months:

Is there a new toshiba hdd/dvd recorder due out?

I have seen that Sony are bringing some out in the next few months which also allow playstation 2 games to be played along with a broadband connection. How would these compare in terms of recording/editing/dubbing features and quality compared to current hdd/dvd recorders?

Are there any other new hdd/dvd recorders with rgb input due out from anyone else?

Thanks for your help.

2. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have answered this on the other website

3. danuta

danuta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: