1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOSHIBA RDX34 - Multi-Region and RCE coded discs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by howardmg, Apr 25, 2005.

1. howardmg

howardmg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Recently bought a multi-region Tosh RDX34 from PRC. Had problems playing some Region1 discs but PRC have told me that the MR modification does not allow RCE discs, which may be the reason.

Does anyone know whether this is the same with RGB or other suppliers that offer multi-region models?

2. sinclair

sinclair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My machine hasn't faltered on any of my R1 titles but then I don't know if any of them have RCE; there is certainly no mention of RCE on the RGB website. When I bought my previous player RCE was big news and multiregionmagic assured me although the machine was RCE compatible, the RCE issue was much ado about nothing as there were relatively few titles with the encoding and that it was usually easy to bypass. If you do a search on RCE DVD, RCE multiregion etc. I'm sure that it'll throw up something useful. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

3. robbie b

robbie b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a XS32 from RGB which played RCE discs but then it developed a fault and was exchanged for a new unit, this new one won't play RCE discs. RGB couldn't offer an explanation (I'm not even convinced they knew what an RCE disc was). I gave up in the end as I've only got 1 RCE disc. I have noticed on most web retailers there is a little note about xs32/34 saying they won't play RCE discs.