Toshiba RDX2

B

broadhurst

Anyone know if this will be out in U.K soon I have just read on another forum that this machine can copy DVD-r disks to hard disk and copy back to a blank DVD-r disk without deleteing the contents on the hard disk unlike the Panasonic HS2 which can not duplicate a DVD-R.
It does not have firewire which is odd.
For me it looks better than Panasonics HS2.

Supposed to be out this month. I asked Toshiba UK and they said it had been delayed till next year, feb.

The delay could be to bring it up to spec with the HS2 as most comments were that it would be £1400. With the HS2 at £900 it would either have to be a lot cheaper or a lot better to make it competitive.

From what I have seen (which is difficult as most info is in Japanese) it has a slightly better spec with the exception of DV in.

Roll on Feb

Specifications for the US model have now been placed at Toshiba's US home page:
http://www.toshiba.com/tacp/dvd/current/RDX2.html

I really wonder when it will be released in Europe.
Reports from members indicate that Toshiba UK had its release dealyed to February, however Toshiba UK's helpdesk claims it "should be available around November". There seems to be conflicting info from Toshiba.

Just received new info from Toshiba's help desk:
"The release date for the RD-X2 recordable DVD player has been changed to Spring 2003, so will not be available this November."

Damn Toshiba... Now I have to get the Panasonic DMR-HS2.

Ah but the RDX2 has a larger HD. The HS2 is not upgradeable, the RDX2 looks like it is. The only thing the HS2 has that the RDX2 doesnt is the smart media reader.

The RDX1 was more popular than the HS1.

I have a £700 tax rebate earning me interest while I wait for the RDX2 as I think it will be worth the wait. And if it isnt by february the prices may have dropped further/,ore products could be out etc.

Hope the machine lives up to the the hype it's getting in the U.S. but no firewire is odd. The HS2 has.

There are lots of things the RDX2 doesnt have, hopefully the reason for delay!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom