1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RDX-S32 - Ex Display - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Stoofa, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Stoofa

Stoofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I've been looking for a DVD/HD Recorder for a little while now.
    After numerous threads and reviews etc I was almost settled upon the Pioneer 530H.
    Problem - Pioneer seems to be out of stock in most places at the moment so I've got a bit of a wait.

Whilst out and about today I came accross a place selling a single ex-display Toshiba RDX-S32 unit.
    It's been sat on display in a shop and it has all of it's packaging etc.
    They are selling this unit for £249.

The newest Toshiba model seems to be the RDX-S34 and the main difference I can see is that the newer model has a 160GB HD - the older ex-display model only has 80GB.
    So the newer Tosh has more HD space and the Pioneer of course has that rather tantalising dual-layer DVD burner.
    I'm just looking for anybody who may own a RDX-S32 and what their opinions of it are?

Thanks.

2. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It's an absolutely lovely machine, but I've seen people buy the 34 for £299 iirc. So, for an old model and ex-display I think £249 is a bit steep.

3. Stoofa

Stoofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Thanks for your response.
    For £50 more I could have the brand new Toshiba with double the HD space and all the new features so yer - I think your right.
    Maybe I'll try and knock them down to a little closer to the £200 mark and if they aren't interested I'll stick to my original plan on the Pioneer or maybe even take a closer look at the RDX-S34

4. korosi

korosi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using the Toshiba dvd recorder for a while now and it has never given me any troubles until now. Every time I try to usete remote controll it is giving me a messege deactivating the remote. The messege is titled " DR-OFF " D you have any idea what this means? Or is there a way to actually author dvd's without the remote?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Jesse

5. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,912
    See page 55 of the Installation guide to reset the remote.
    You can download it from here if you've mislaid yours.