Toshiba RDSX34 record and play

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul_Lee, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Paul_Lee

Paul_Lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I finally "Bit the bullet" and bought a multiregion Toshiba RDSX34, and I am absolutely delighted with it - mainly thanks to the people on this forum who helped me make up my mind. Thanks!

I do have a question that my girlfriend asked last night and I didn't know the answer: is it possible to record to the HDD and watch a DVD simultaneously?

Thanks

Paul

2. Stoofa

Stoofa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I've got an RDSX34 on order too - ordered late yesterday afternoon (not a region free one though, couldn't find one of those in stock at a sensible price).
    Anyway, I was informed that yes you can record to HDD and watch a DVD back at the same time.
    You can also record to HDD and watch other programs you've already recorded onto HDD at the same time.

3. felix2

felix2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hi! I've had my RDXS34 for 4 months now, and can't believe I've never needed to record while playing a DVD, or use Timeslip yet. But I've tried them and they do work! Press HDD and press Record, then press DVD and press Play - hey presto, you're recording the telly onto HDD and playing DVD to watch! Similarly while you're recording on HDD, press Timeslip and you can watch the start of the programme while it's still recording, or you can watch something else on the HDD instead!