1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RDSX34 questions - VHS and DVD copying

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul_Lee, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Paul_Lee

Paul_Lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I'm really tempted to buy the RDSX34 Toshiba DVD Recorder; what I'll mainly be using it for is to remaster my VHS tapes to DVD.

However, I read in one review that you can't copy DVD disks (home recorded!) to the HDD and then back to DVD. Is this true? Its a bit remiss if it I can't do back-ups of my recordings from time to time!

Cheers

Paul

2. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I think if you record your home videos to DVD RAM then you can copy to HDD and make DVDR copies so you should back up your home videos to DVD RAM. I also believe that RAM lasts longer than DVDR.

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Presumably you also have a DVD PLAYER which will play DVD-R home recorded discs.
    I think you could record to the Tosh HDD from this. Don't see any reason why this is not possible. I have a Panasonic S27 dvd player which also plays dvd-ram discs and I expect I could transfer these to DVD-R or the HDD on my Panasonic E85. Haven't needed to do
    this to date.

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Missed a little off the last posting which I meant to include.

Regarding the Panasonic S27 DVD PLAYER. I have seen on a few websites selling this
    product that it only play dvd-ram discs recorded in the SP mode. This is not true.
    My S27 has no difficulty in playing back LP and SP mode (even a mixture of both on the same disc) recorded from my Panny or JVC dvd recorders.