Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba RDSX34 interference problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul_Lee, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. Paul_Lee

    Paul_Lee
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I've noticed that, with my Toshiba RDSX34 on, or recording, I get a cross-hatched, undulating (ie moving right to left) interfence pattern on my TV. When I switch the recorder off, the interference is either non-existant, or so faint as to be nearly non existent (must be an artefact of where I live!)

    Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, how do I correct this? The only thing I can think of is that its cross-talk between channels - I am connecting my TV to my recorder using the RF cable and scart.
     
  2. Paul_Lee

    Paul_Lee
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just noticed another problem: on ITV, when the recorder is running, I get occasional (every second or so) of "flashes" - red/grey bands appearing on the screen. They last for a tiny fraction of a second, just long enough to see them.

    Any suggestions....?
     
  3. Andrew_arkless

    Andrew_arkless
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2001
    Messages:
    181
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Essex
    Ratings:
    +6
    Paul,

    I've seen some minor interference on mine just C4 I think, I havn't had the ITV problem. It seems to come & go but I haven't been able to fix it, but we mainly watch
    everything via sky so I wasn't too bothered (the effect was very minor & the wife didn't notice it!). Recordings appear to completely unaffected.
     
  4. redsox_mark

    redsox_mark
    Well-known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2003
    Messages:
    6,512
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    136
    Location:
    Bath, England
    Ratings:
    +620
    Paul,

    I’ve not seen the “flashes”, but with my XS32 recorder I did have the problem with cross-hatched interference.

    In my case, I replaced the RF fly leads I had (one from freeview box to the recorder, other from recorder to the TV) with high quality shielded ones and that fixed the problem 95%. I got rid of the remaining 5% by simply re-routing my cables so that the RF leads were well clear of my electrical cables. So in my case it wasn’t the recorder itself causing the interference, it was simply that by adding the recorder I had additional RF cables near my power, and this was causing a problem.



    Mark
     

Share This Page

Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice