Toshiba RD-XS64

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Deano70, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Deano70

Deano70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba has revealed early details on a new duo of DVD recorder/HD recorder combis set to launch in the autumn. The top-spec model is the RD-XS64, which gives you a 160GB hard disk, multi-format recording/playback, PAL progressive output, Timeslip recording, DV input, satellite control, a 32-event/two-month timer, and last but certainly not least, HDMI output with upscaling.

Sitting below the XS64 in the range is the XS24. Due in September, this carries a broadly similar features list to the XS64, except that it has no HDMI output/upscaling, and its HD section is 80GB rather than 160GB.

I think I need to rob a bank to keep up with the ever changing world of AV... :clap:

2. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you got any links at all? Would love to read a bit more about these. I wonder if any of them have network capapbilities? One thing I'd really like to be able to do is connect to the recording setup screen to add a new recording remotely over the web, if I'm not at home to do it.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
  4. Deano70

Deano70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The idea of connecting it to the web so you can talk to the thing from your work PC or even a mobile phone just sounds stunning, come on Tosh do it you know you want too. :thumbsup:

I have no other info sorry but if i find some it will be posted ASAP.