1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS34/Panasonic TX28DTM1 Widescreen aspect problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Albo1960, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Albo1960

Albo1960
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a new Panasonic TX28DTM1 widescreeen CRT TV to go with my Toshiba RD-XS34 and on playback from the HDD and DVD the aspect of the TV picture keeps jumping around between widescreen, letter box and back again - many times in a programme (ie every couple of minutes).

Does anyone know if there is some reason for this? Has anyone else experienced this? Have I bought a lemon?

The engineer from Comet is coming on Monday so any advice or feedback before that would be gratefully appreciated

Albo

aslo posted on the TV forum

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    I assume you have the TV set to an automatic mode. Does the same thing happen when you watch TV (without the recorder)? With the TV on automatic mode you sometimes see switching when going in and out of adverts (they may be in a different aspect mode), but it shouldn't happen all the time in a programme.

Mark