Toshiba RD-XS34 not accepting any input signals!

Radars

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My RD-XS34, having worked fine for ages has suddenly stopped accepting any signals.
It was connected to my old Sky Digital box but turning it on the other day, i got no picture. It still plays from the HDD or DVD player fine but i can't record programmes or even have it in my setup as it won't pass-thru a signal.

I've tried different Scart leads and i've tried using the front panel Composite inputs but still it appears to be unable to accept any incoming signals.

Is it finished?

Thanks for any help.

Is it finished?

Welcome to the forum.

It might be... but it is unusual for all throughput signal inputs to fail.

So if you have not tried it already you should ensure there are no false muting latches occurring by giving the unit a Power reset.

Disconnect form the main for at least 15 minutes then try again.

If that makes no difference try a full reset for the unit... The problem is I don't know how that is achieved on these units , and the manual offers no clue... so contact Toshiba and ask them how a machine reset is performed.

It may be a simple as holding the power button for 20 seconds from either the ON status or the OFF status.

Thanks for your reply Gavtech,

I've fixed the problem, i had simply pressed the "Input Select" button on the remote by accident at some point, i just pressed it a couple of times and got the picture back. - D'oh!!

I was trying to find out how to do a master reset when it dawned on me!
Still, at least it saved me buying a new one and i'm glad of that at xmas time.

Many thanks.

Thanks for your reply Gavtech,

I've fixed the problem, i had simply pressed the "Input Select" button on the remote by accident at some point, i just pressed it a couple of times and got the picture back. - D'oh!!

I was trying to find out how to do a master reset when it dawned on me!
Still, at least it saved me buying a new one and i'm glad of that at xmas time.

Many thanks.

I'm pleased to hear it was so simple.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom