Toshiba RD XS34 - linking to ntl cable box

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Richard17, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Richard17

Richard17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Have just bought the Tosh RD XS34 Recorder and it seems great. However, I cannot get it to sync up with my ntl PACE cable box. This is the newer black PACE box and I have tried all of the ntl and PACE codes in the Tosh installation guide but to no avail. Am I missing a trick or is it just not compatible, which I find unlikely.

Any clues please.

regards
    Rich

2. RosemaryP

RosemaryP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a Tosh RDXS34 and I cannot get it to link to my Pace Twin set top box either. None of the IR codes work. As pace do sky boxes and those numbers work for them, I find it very frustrating that none work for the Twin.
    RosemaryP

3. bernie_pt

bernie_pt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trying to help, but not owning a Pace box, I could be wrong. I seem to recall that some Pace boxes are not compatible with RC5 standard (IR codes) and need a special piece of hardware in front of IR receiver to 'understand' the Toshiba. This hardware is called 'Red-Eye', I think. Done a bit of Googling, find the URL:http://www.redremote.co.uk/

4. Richard17

Richard17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for the help. I switched my ntl PACE box for a Samsung job and using code' 1440' all is well.

Now I can use Videoplus (easy) and the cable box switches automatically when a programme is due to start for recording.

Cheers :D