1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS34 IR number for Pace Twin STB

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RosemaryP, Jul 1, 2005.

1. RosemaryP

RosemaryP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have recently bought the Toshiba RD-XS34 DVD recorder and love it. But the instruction manual is not too wonderful. :clap: Can anyone help with where exactly to place the IR module on the Pace Twin Set top box - and if they know the code even better. If you put it in the wrong place there is no way to tell if you are picking the right code from the manual.

2. CYMRAES

CYMRAES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I also had this problem when I was setting up the Toshiba RDXS34! I actually found the answer on this forum (by 'tobyjugler' posted on 28/5/05). None of the codes in the tosh book would work, and was beginning to think I would never sort it out! However, here is what tobbyjuggler posted:

A few things...

If you're using a standard Sky box (not Sky+), after positioning the IR transmitter that came with the Tosh. near the Sky box, go into the setup menu and then the final submenu (far-right) select Set top box setting, then pick Brand type and use the number 0326.

Now come out of the setup menu and make sure you're watching a Sky channel through your DVD recorder. Press SAT.CONT. on your remote control, then press the up and down CHANNEL button on the top-right of your remote control. Did the Sky channel change? If no, then keep repositioning the IR transmitter until it does change channels reliably. The best position I've found is on top of the Sky box, overhanging the edge of the box directly above the LED IR indicator on the STB. If it does change channels reliably, then you've set up your remote control correctly and when setting a timed recording, you should press SAT.CONT., the AV2 indicator will change to an S, type in the Sky channel number on your remote control (under the flap). So if you were recording BBC1, then the timed recording line should read something like:

S 101 5/28(Sa) 13 00 13 30 HDD MN 9.2 D/M1.

Shortly before the timed recording starts the Tosh will send the channel numbers to the Sky box via IR transmitter. Usually when it doesn't work it's because the transmitter bit has been moved slightly from
    what was a reliable position.

I followed this to the letter, and it worked! Unless you have the right code, I don't think the 'IR' would work. I have mine on the front of my pace box, and works a treat. Hope this helps, and is what you are looking for!

3. RosemaryP

RosemaryP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did not work. It is not a sky box but a PACE TWIN pvr so that is probably why. None of the PACE numbers worked. I just hoped someone out there had a PACE TWIN and got it to work.

4. The Foot

The Foot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am still trying to come to terms with my Tosh and am still having trouble setting it up.

Are you saying that unless the IR remote link is attached then you cannot set up a 'timed' recording for a satellite channel?

5. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Not if you want it to change to the correct channel.

6. The Foot

The Foot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Alan. Guess I'll have to try again with the IR remote. Trouble is I had it plugged in b4 I went on holiday (but couldn't get it to work) but it also seemed to affect the SATMON control. Because when I turn my TV on it comes on terrestrial channel and then I press SATMON and it turns it over to SKY but with IR plugged in when I try to switch over to SKY I just get blank screen (which comes up with EC1 at top left) but if i take it out again it swithces to SKY (which comes up with EC1 RGB)

Any thought on this please.

7. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The Sky box IR receiver receiver needs to have line of sight with the TOSH IR transmitter (magic eye).

You also need to have selected AV input for Sky, and the brand number in the setup menu.

8. martin day

martin day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Alan. I'll try this when I get a chance. I just hope it doesn't cause the same problem as I mentioned with the blank screen. Don't you think though with all this technology that there could have been a more reliable way to control the SATBOX other than relying on making sure that the IR's have line of sight all the time.

My Panny VCR controlled the SATBOX wiv no probs at all!!