Toshiba...RD-XS34 Input Select Problem

A

Allan (Flash) G

Hi All....
I'm new on the Forum....and I already have a problem with my newly purchased RD-XS34.
I have a remote sattelite dish....comes to the TV on Ch. 4.....so comes to the ant. jack on the RD. Other input on input #1 A/V phono jacks ais another DVD/VCR player. Up until yesterday....Sunday Dec 10th/2006....I have been able to select any input I wished and could record to the HDD anything that wasn't write-protected.
NOW....I can't select any other input.....It's locked on TV.....I can't change it.
Is my RD-XS34 defective.....or have I done something wrong????
Anybody got any ideas??????
H....E....L.....P !!!!
Flash

Gavtech

Administrator
Are the remote control Batteries OK?

Gavtech

Administrator
Try a power reset and try again - i.e. leave totally disconnected from the mains for at least a few minutes.

A

Allan (Flash) G

Try a power reset and try again - i.e. leave totally disconnected from the mains for at least a few minutes.
What is "mains"....also I have shut the power down with the power off button on the front....holding it down.....the fan turns off for a brief moment.....problem still exists....
Have disconnected all inputs.....and done a re-set.....problem still exists.
Have also unplugged from 120 Vac for over night (10 hours).....problem still exists....
I'm beginning to believe there's a serious problem.....either software or hardware....
I don't see how I could have done anything to cause this problem.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Did "Input Select" fix it?
In the UK we use the abbreviation "mains" for our 240vac.

R

RosemaryP

Does the USA version have sat moni, and sat cont. buttons like ours in the UK. I had this problem when one of those had been pressed and I hadnt realised. I thinki it was the sat cont.

RosemaryP

A

Allan (Flash) G

:clap: To all who posted to my Thread:
Thanks for your input. The term "mains" is new to me......I am an electronics instructor here in Lexington, Kentucky.....Community College....all here will be informed of the new term.
I think I have solved my own problem. It has to do with the setup of that stupid TV Guide thing when the system boots up.I had to tell the system that I was on cable.....and that I had NO cable box. Then the input select button worked.
What do you think about that????
I don't think there's anything mentioned about this in the user manual. I've read that thing cover to cover. The system does a lot of tricky stuff.....If you have an RD-XS34 and wish to take advantage of all the features......DON'T LOSE YOUR USER MANUAL !

:hiya: Flash