1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS34 help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Torpedo, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Torpedo

Torpedo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Just bought a Toshiba RD-XS34 today, and need a bit of help.
    I've set it up, and it's recording etc OK. However, when I switch the unit off, I can not watch Sky. Does the Tosh pass the Sky signal thru when it's on standby? Have I somehow connected it up wrong. I got the Sky box connected to the XS34 on the AV2 connection on the back of the Tosh, as suggested in the manual. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Press the "Sat Moni" button on the remote to allow Sky passthrough. :smashin:

3. The Foot

The Foot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just on this point. I have a Panny Tv which when you switch it on always comes on terrestrial tv it never goes straight to SKY. But when you press SATMON as you advise then it goes over to SKY. But........if I turn the TV off but leave SATMON button on on DVD if I turn TV on it doesn't switch to SKY it stays on terrestrial. So I have to turn SATMON off and then on again for it to work oh and I also have to put it back on standby and then turn SATMON on it won't work if I leave DVD on. Any advice on this?

4. Torpedo

Torpedo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Cheers, that's sorted it. :thumbsup:
    Knew it'll be something simple!!

5. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Certain makes/designs of TV's are setup to startup on Prog 1 terrestrial at switch-on.......some are designed to startup on the last viewed channel at switch-off........yours just happens to be one of the former I'm afraid.