toshiba RD-XS34 colour problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wild dog, Aug 2, 2005.

1. wild dog

wild dog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help please, have just received new Toshiba RD-XS34 and whatever setup I try output on TV is in psychedelic colours and has blocky effects rather like switching a computer monitor down to 256 colours. This applies when just passing through Sky Box imput, or playing back pre-recorded DVDs (with only TV and DVD connected).

Think I have tried every possible combination of wiring scart leads / menu options etc. but does anyone have any ideas what I might have missed before I send it back. I don't want to get some horrendous carriage charge if its Ok and I've just missed some obvious setting!

Thanks

2. jamba

jamba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the same problem with my unit. If I record anything the picture starts off ok and then after about an hour it becomes hazy like you described above. If I leave the unit to cool down for a few hours it starts performing well . I have also tried different cables to no effect so I am going to send my unit back for repair.