Toshiba RD-XS32SU Changing Audio While Dubbing

C

Convert8mm

Is it possible to change the audio part of a recording while dubbing it to a new title on the system? I am making DVD's from old 8 mm movie films that have no sound. I can make a good copy to the HDD by projecting the film and recording it with a digital video camera. I would like to be able to add sound later, without losing the video quality. It seems this is probably not possible.

I suspect you would be absolutely correct in that assumption. Have you considered transferring the titles to a PC for editing (assuming you or a friend have access to one)? With certain software, the original audio track of a title can be removed (in this case, silence) and a new one added in its place....
Can anyone with more knowledge of this subject possibly elaborate on this please? I've never dubbed an audio track before....

On a PC yes, any editing software would allow you to add an audio track.

On the XS32, no you can’t add an audio track afterwards. If you use the video or S-Video connection instead of the DV connection, you could add an audio track at the same time - by connecting only the video from the camcorder to the XS32, and connecting the audio from another source, like a CD player. If you did this you’d have your video with the music from the CD in the background…

Mark

Thanks to all who responded to this question and confirmed what I thought.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom