1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS32SB timeslip problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Katharine, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Katharine

Katharine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have a Toshiba RD-XS32sb HDD recorder. I have it set up with a Philips TV and a freeview box and on the whole it works great. The only thing is it doesn't work when I press the Timeslip button to try to start recording a program I am watching. Rather than recording the channel I am watching, it starts recording whichever channel was most recently being recorded through a timed recording. Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas how to fix it? Thanks

2. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could be watching any channel, but your recorder (any recorder) will only the channel it's tuned to - answer is to watch via recorder tuner (not your tele tuner)

3. Katharine

Katharine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help, I thought I was watching through the Toshiba as I was using the Toshiba remote control to change channels but discovered I was actually using the wrong buttons. Its the channel changing buttons at the top right of the remote that keep it working through the Toshiba not the ones on the bottom left. Problem sorted now and timeslip function working. Thanks again.

4. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    My girlfriend thought my calculator was the tv remote