1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ukhoe, Sep 29, 2004.

1. ukhoe

ukhoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

New member here, finally agreed that the Toshiba RD-XS32 is the the best sub £400.00 dvd recorder. Can anyone let me know a good supplier in terms of price & delivery. Also once delivered, which is the best way to setup the box to the TV, I have:-

Sony FQ 75 32" 100hz TV
    sony amp DB......something can't remember
    Pioneer freeview box
    Also I have a Sony 735d dvd player is the Tosh as good at play back as the Sony.

2. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Richer Sounds are now saying they have loads in stock, multi-region for 389. Also saw loads at Costco in Chadderton on Sunday, 389 but probably R2 only.

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Bought mine about a month ago from www.rgbdirect.co.uk - at the time they were the best price (for the multi-region version). Next day delivery was about £10 - ordered at 3pm arrived 8am next day :smashin:
    I spoke to the manager of my local Richer Sounds at the time and he said they were no longer stocking it, so am surprised to hear that they now have them in stock again! :rolleyes:

4. dnesdlrow

dnesdlrow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been on a waiting list for the RD-XS32 at Richer Sounds for 2 months after my Panasonic broke. They finally called me up a week ago and said they had one in their Bristol office and were sending it up to their store. The manager reckoned that they are staring to trickle through again but as R.S. pay bottom dollar for them thet are last priority. I managed to get mine from them for £319 discounted for all the hassle I've had.
    Haven't really had a chance to explore it yet but so far seems good.
    As far a s connecting it goes, I've got Sky+ and a Panasonic widescreen tv with 2 scarts only one of which is RGB. I still haven't found the best way of hooking it up. Would be a lot easier if I had 2 RGB scarts. Hmmm maybe I need to visit Richer Sounds again.....

5. fonzie

fonzie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have not bought yours yet, try RGB Direct, ordered mine today due Monday.
    With plenty in stock (Today)

Kind Regards (P.S RGB=MultiRegion)