Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba - RD-XS32 vs XS34

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bernie_pt, Jun 1, 2005.

1. bernie_pt

bernie_pt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi to all,
    I own a XS34 and am very happy with it. It's a good unit, although can't read some DVDs made on other machines or PCs. Recently, I noted that some functions of XS32 (mainly audio) were removed/tweaked on XS34. Example: when reading manuals for both machines, the XS32 does have a menu entry to set the audio level for different inputs- the entry was removed on the 34. Also, DNR was removed from recording - although it may be always on (?). Another thing I noticed is that the audio levels from various sources seem to vary considerably (when switching from line in to RF at late night, I was having an heartache-volume too high !)
    This may be annoying as I have a sat box that 'wake up' always at mid-volume, and when recording with timer, audio is almost inaudible.
    It's a set of 'features' of this model, or am I doing something wrong with my setting?