1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS32 vs JVC DR-MH30S: Users' comments anyone?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by NickHK168, Mar 7, 2005.

1. NickHK168

NickHK168

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am struggling with a decision. RD-XS32 or DR-MH30S?
    The reviews are all in favour of the Tosh. But, just by a tiny bit.
    The 160Gb HDD of the JVC is very appealing and so are its specs.
    I'd appreciate if users' of either machines could say they why would stick with what they have got and/or why they would get rid of it.
    I am moving from another brand/machine and my next step (not meant as an upgrade!) must be one I shall not regret.
    I must get a replacement soon. So, cannot wait for vapourware yet to be released!!!
    I have to make a decision so I will appreciate objective and constructive answers (not that there aren't on this forum. On contrary, I hope this will not turn into a Tosh vs JVC thread!). Hope you know what I mean!
    Thank you in advance!
    Nick

PS ... the reason I have narrowed down to only the above models is their progressive scan video output. I would have also considered the Panny E95, but where I live only the E85 is available for sale!?!?

2. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have looked both modle for quite a while and finally got my TOSH couple of weeks ago. The main reason for me is the price. You can get a multi-region XS32 for £312 at RGB direct, But the cheapest MH30 is over £370. I don't think the additional 80G capacity worth £60.

XS32 also have some additinal features which MH32 doest not have, such as the capability of control a set top box of digital satelite receiver from XS32. Before you get a DVDR/HD with a digital tuner this is the closest way to to a probrame recorder from FV or FTA.