1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS32 to be replaced

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by LoosyLou, Dec 24, 2004.

1. LoosyLou

LoosyLou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm very tempted to buy an XS32 (after reading these forums for the past couple of weeks) but also spotted the thread about the XS34.

Is the price of the XS32 likely to drop considerably when the xs34 is released (spring according to the other thread)? Should I wait a couple of months and snap up a bargain in the Spring or do you think that the XS34 will be around £600 leaving the xs32 at around the same price as it is now?

I really want to get one now but don't want to see it £100+ cheaper in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Lou

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    If xs32 is anything to go by, it was relesed 3-4 months after they said it would be, you could keep on waiting and waiting.

3. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you can get someone reputable (like John Lewis) to pricematch another store, then you can get terrific bargains at the moment.

I managed to get my Tosh for a shade over £350, nearly £150 down from the high-street RRPs and with their 2 year warranty thrown in.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the new Tosh go on sale for around £550/600 once it's released over here.
    If you wanna wait a while, that's cool, but i'm pretty sure the XS32 won't dip much below £350, at least in the next 6 months or so....

Something bigger and better is always round the corner - but hey, that's where places like eBay can help us 'early(ish)-adopters' out :D

buy/sell/buy-upgrade/sell-upgrade/buy-bigger-upgrade/sell-bigger-upgrade/....

ad infinitum :smashin:

4. LoosyLou

LoosyLou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess you're right. I see that the Panny e85 hasn't dropped a lot below the xs32 price even though the e95 is now out.

I think I'll be off to Richer or John Lewis to see if they'll price match RGB later today.... :clap:

5. AVFan7667

AVFan7667
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget the model at RGB is Multi-Region wheras the one from John Lewis isn't.

6. Ymegod

Ymegod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just to re-iterate that which nunew said about the alleged Toshiba release/launch dates. I waited ages for my XS32 and, although worth the wait, just so frustrating as each alleged launch date passes without incident.

7. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    hence the reason why I've ordered an XS32 today :) I'll see what its like whne we finally get it in the 2nd half of the year!