Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba RD-XS32 Rate Conversion Help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pshankland, Jan 7, 2005.

1. pshankland

pshankland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got a Toshiba RD-XS32 and I am very happy with it - would definatly recommend :thumbsup:

I have got a slight query with regards to the Rate Conversion on it though. I have recorded a film that is 2hrs 44mins long @ a rate of 4.4. I realise that this won't fit on 1 DVD-R as it is too large so I want to rate convert it. So, I have selected a low bit rate of 3.6 (I think) and this should be able to have 2hrs 50mins+ written to a single DVD-R.

The problem is that when I go to Rate Conversion and select source --> DVD there is a big 'X' showing that it won't fit onto the destination.

Any ideas as I think it should work.

Thanks.

Pete.

2. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    As you select the HDD to DVD for the rate conversion, press the Quick Menu button and choose "Auto Rate Selection" - it will choose the highest possible bitrate for the file and ensure it fits on one DVD. No guarantee on the quality though. There has to be a blank DVD in the drive for this to work (The 'X' will change to an 'O' under 'Result').

3. pshankland

pshankland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot - that has worked perfectly.

-Pete.