Toshiba RD-XS32: problems w HS-dubbing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by JPS, Sep 20, 2004.

1. JPS

JPS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having problems using the High Speed Dubbing -method with the recorder. It creates DVDs that freeze (and after a while an error message is displayed: the disk may be damaged...). The problematic blanks are 4speed Verbatims (of MCC origin bought in a spindle of 25) and cheap Commodores. Jewel case packed 4speed Verbatims and 2speed Verbatim DVD-RW work fine.

If I use DVD-video creation the problem is the same. The problematic blanks work fine if I use Rate Conversion Dubbing (I guess the recording speed is slower).

My question is: is this recorder working normally or should I return it for a replacement unit? :lease:

2. JPS

JPS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll answer my own question to keep the conversation alive. :)

It seems that Verbatim - though a high quality media - is not the best choice for Toshiba RD-XS32. This can also be verified from the Verbatim Europe web-site. They have a compatibility matrix there.

I guess I'll be buying some Tayio Yuden discs, which are recommended for use with this recorder by Toshiba in the manual.