1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS32 Multi-Region Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by greenapple, Apr 12, 2005.

1. greenapple

greenapple
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

I have a multi-region XS32 that has just come back from Toshiba after having the DVD drive repaired (it was freezing often during playback). However, I cannot get any Region 1 or 3 DVDs to playback on it successfully.

I have got a Region 4 disc to work although I have seen some discs covering both Region 2 and 4 so I am not convinced that was a very good test.

I am concerned the unit is no longer multi-region. Is there any definitive way to check?

Does anybody know what the hack for this unit is and could it have been reverted to Region 2 by Toshiba? I guess the unit hack is hardware as I have not seen a firmware or remote hack for it?

As a long shot, if anybody has a Region 1 copy of Appocalypse Now - Redux or Glengarry Glen Ross I'd be really grateful if you could let me know if you can make these work in this unit as these are among the discs I have tried so far.

Many thanks!

Phil ;)

2. greenapple

greenapple
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyone who can help please?

3. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not any help but I thinik you are right.

All region 4 discs I've seen are usually region 2 as well and even ones that aren't marked region 2/4 normally play in region 2 machines.

I guess they would have replaced your DVD drive and since the drive has its firmware on board it would dictate if it was multiregion or not.

Try the place you got it from. In was thread some time ago someone went back to the dealer and got it multiregioned again.

4. greenapple

greenapple
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - yes, that makes a lot of sense. I am just trying to get my facts straight before going back to the retailer again because, sadly, the whole thing has been a nightmare so far!

Phil ;-)