1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS32 DVD Creation problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kocl, Nov 30, 2004.

1. kocl

kocl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, i try to made my first dvd-r and found i few problems, so i need your HELP.

What i did,
    1st create a playlist of two original titles recorded in compatible video.
    2nd Create a DVD-r in edit menu (memorex 4x), choose the menus, and they burn with no errors.

Problem, when i try to read the dvd in other dvd player (Samsung 232) ,the disc is not recognized, nut in PS2 is OK. After reading the manual i think i need to finalize the dvd, but when i tried to do this option, i received a message telling something like " The disc cannot be finalized" or "the disc cannot be used in this operation", i'm not sure of the exact text.

What did i do wrong?

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    You have done nothing wrong. if the PS2 can see it it is finalised.

Basically the samsung is being fussy. Or the tosh isnt being compliant enough. Wither way the finished Tosh DVD isnt necessarily readable by all DVD players

3. kocl

kocl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Should i try with another Dvd-r brand, i used memorex, because the tosh can recognize the tdk's i bougth.

4. robkgriffiths

robkgriffiths
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would try a different brand of DVD-R. I had a similar problem when I first tried some cheap Ritek Discs. The datasafe greys seem fairly compatible. I initially tried 2 4x datasafe greys and they were a bit flakey. I have since used the 8x Datasafe greys and they have all worked fine. Must have been some dodgy discs when i used the 4x.