1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS32 and Sky STB

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tobyjuggler, Nov 22, 2004.

1. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm confused...how do I get the Toshiba to change channels on my Sky box when setting up a recording? I've got the IR thing all set up and I can control the STB manually via the DVD Recorder, but I can't work out how to make it do it automatically.

2. skyline32

skyline32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You mean when setting up a timer recording? When entering the channel number press Sat Cont, the channel number should then be prefixed with S, ie S101 for BBC1.

I have had the very occasional failure to switch channel, it looks like it sends the first two digits but not the third. Happens about one time in 30 recordings or so.

3. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks just what I wanted to hear. I'll try it when I get home. How come I couldn't find this in the instructiuon manual, I wonder? Maybe I just missed it - easy to do when there's so much to read!

4. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That did the trick, thanks. I have noticed though that it doesn't always manage to get all three digits across, especially if two of the digits are the same (as somebody else has already mentioned elsewhere). It certainly struggles with UKTV G2 on 111!

Now, I wonder if there's a way of getting it to control two different boxes via the IR (Sky STB and a Netgem Freeview box). I doubt it somehow.