1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RD-XS32 and playback of disks recorded on my PC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by FGEvans, Jul 25, 2005.

1. FGEvans

FGEvans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can not get my Tosh to read any disks i have burned on my PC. I have tried both DVD-R and DVD-RW without any luck. I know you have to finalise a disk on the Tosh before it will work elsewhere but do you have to do the same with a burned disk on a PC.

2. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I use Ritek G05 -R and Verbatem -RW and RiDisk and Datasafe +RW's, they all play no problem on my XS34. I burn with DVDShrink and DVDCrypter with a Pioneer 108 and LG burners.

3. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Yes, you have to finalise a DVD-Video (-R or -RW) that you create on a PC, though your software may have done that. Have you tried playing the discs on any other machines?

Mark

4. FGEvans

FGEvans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes they play fine on my mates cheapy ASDA player

5. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Then it isn't a finalsation issue, more likely that the XS32 doesn't like the media. XS32's can be fussy, especially if they have older firmware versions. Try it with some media proven to work, like suggested above, or Taiyo Yuden -R (either branded as such, or Verbatim pastel coloured -R); or TDK-RW scratchproof. Note for -RW unless you have the latest firmware it won't read 4x discs.

Mark

6. tspoon

tspoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have managed to record from the XS32 HD to a DVD-R/RW. no problem - even with crappy disks. However, how do you get this DVD to be played in players around the house? We have 3 other DVD players, all different and a burned copy will not work on any of these players.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

7. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Not finalising?
    Using crappy discs?

8. foneman

foneman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    tspoon: how old/cheap are your DVD players? If they are more than 3 or 4 years, they may not be compatible... DVDs made on my tosh xs32 work on most... some that dont work, will take DVDRWs though...

My skinflint mate has a *really* cheap DVD that wont play them - but he uses his PC to play them instead..

I had a not-so-old sony DVD deck that that wouldnt play them - sony said that was a recognised problem.. sold it and got a new one... :)