Toshiba RD-XS32 and DVD-RW re-use

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by trampas, Apr 27, 2005.

1. trampas

trampas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can usually write successfully to Verbatim DVD-RW 2x, especially after the german firmware upgrade. If I then try to remove the finalisation before deleting and re-using, this fails. I then try to re-format and that fails.
    Now if I then do a quick erase with Nero on my PC, on inserting the DVD-RW the Tosh says that it needs formatting (of course!) and I can then format and write to the DVD-RW.
    All of this seems a long way round for re-use. Has anyone got a better/quicker routine to follow?

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    With -RW, I just reuse them, using the "DVD video creation" menu. I don't do anything special to remove finalisation, or delete what is there. It tells me it is going to reformat the disc or something, I can't remember.. (I just say OK to whatever it wants).

I generally use TDK 2x -RW, though I have used Verbatim as well. With Verbatim I found the disc failed after a few uses; I've done many re-uses on a single TDK with no problems.

Mark