Toshiba RD-XS32 and dubbing to disc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Italo Tettoni, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Italo Tettoni

Italo Tettoni
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If somebody is familiar with this player I'd appreciate if someone can enlighten me on a couple of issues.

If I record to the HD at max resolution (9.2Mbs) and then dub to DV-R(+-) does the recorder have the facility to re-encode at a lower resolution to fit the data to disc?

Or do I have to edit the recordings on the HD in order to fit the recorded data, at it's recorded resolution, on however many discs it'll take to fill? If so how can I tell where the edits should go?

Also what specifically is the 2 hour, 20min limit 'recording limit' I keep reading about in many posts? How can there be a technical limit to recording to the HD or is it just to disc?

many thanks in advance

2. Neville Street

Neville Street

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    It can re-encode to fit your recording to a dvd, it will be done realtime. Or re-encode to hdd, add chapters, then hs dub to dvd which will retain chapters.

You will know where to edit based on the time needed for each disk at your chosen resolution, which you can see in the table on the AV record page onscreen. As you change each video or audio setting on a manual record you can see what would fit on a DVD at the bottom of the page.

The 2hr 20min bit somebody else will have to explain!