Toshiba RD-XS32 and built-in tuner

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Monza, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Monza

Monza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the Toshiba RD-XS32 (finally!) and I've a question about the built-in tuner. At the moment, I have to use the analog tuner because digital television isn't available yet in Belgium. But it seems like that the tuner of my Toshiba doesn't deliver sharp picture quality (for example, if I compare it with the tuner of my Philips PixelPlus TV). The picture quality is rather soft and there seems to be also a little bit of noise in the images (but the noise isn't that bad). In fact, the images of the tuner are about the same quality of a good VHS-recording.

I've tried already to change the setup-settings, but the only feature I've found was the picture/audio settings where you can change brightness, color, contrast and edge enhance (this settings are general and in fact, nothing to do with the tuner). When I switch the edge enhance to ON, the pictures are digitally corrected (and thus sharper), but they are not how they should be (with edge enhance switched on, they are too sharp).

I think that this poor quality is the result of my PixelPlus TV - probably, the tuner of the TV is really that good that I'm getting used to see clear and sharp pictures (although I have to say that I didn't have any problems with the tuner of my VCR in combination with my TV).

The problem, of course, is that my recordings are of the same (bad) quality and that's why I'm complaining... :rolleyes:

Anyone some good advice of someone that has expired the same problems?

2. Monza

Monza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody using the internal tuner? :lease:

3. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm using the internal tuner, but the picture quality is the same as my tv which seems to vary from channel to channel, so I can't really help you. Have you tried playing with the fine tuning...