Toshiba RD-XS25 HDD Recording Quality

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cinemagary, Dec 26, 2006.

1. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I recently got this DVD recorder with 160gb Hard Drive, I recorded Dr Who last night from freeview built in to the Toshiba WLT 68 striaght onto the Hard Drive but the quality was worse than vhs can any one advise how I can get a good recording. :(

I do have a seperate freeview box, will I get any better results from using that :confused:

2. bennema

bennema
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The cause of the poor recording is likely to be that the output from a idtv is usually a composite (using single yellow rca jack or 2 way scart) signal.
    Also you have to have the tv on to record this way.

As you have a separate freeview box it would definitely be preferable to simply connect it directly to your rd-xs25.
    Go into your freeview box settings and enable 's' video if available on one scart output, connect to the av3 (front) input of rd-xs25 with a good scart-'s' video/2 rca lead.

In rd-xs25 menu, set 's' video input on av3 (input) to receive the correct signal from your freeview box, set 'rgb' video (output) on av1 and connect another scart direct to the rgb enabled scart input of your tv.

You should now see an improvement in image quality and subsequent recordings.