Toshiba RD 85 tuner problems

M

minicat79

Hi there,

My bf has just bought a Toshiba RD85 DVD recorder (with HD & freeview etc). This is the first DVD recorder we have ever bought and it all seems quite confusing at the moment!

When trying to install it it kept coming up with 'problem with the tuner' and would not tune the channels in. My bf spoke to the helpdesk and they said that we need a digital aerial.

We have had a Freeview box before and used the analogue aerial with no problems so why would we need a digital aerial now? :confused:

We do have Sky but I am assuming that is nothing to do with the problem?

Can anybody advise us on the problem and whether the helpdesk are correct or is it something we can do? :lease:

Many thanks

minicat79 said:
When trying to install it it kept coming up with 'problem with the tuner' and would not tune the channels in. My bf spoke to the helpdesk and they said that we need a digital aerial.

We have had a Freeview box before and used the analogue aerial with no problems so why would we need a digital aerial now? :confused:

I've got a Pioneer 440HXS DVD recorder with Freeview, very old analogue aerial. We tried a couple of Freeview boxes last year, but did not work very well. However when we set up the DVD recorder, although we only got 3% signal, our picture is near perfect on all Freeview channels!
So it could be your aerial, but it might be the Freeview tuner not sensitive enough.

Might be worth trying the box at someone house with a Freeview aerial.
JUst to add, you must connect the aerial to the Freeview tuner socket first, then from the RF out on the Recorder to the RF Analogue socket on the Recorder and NOT the other way round.

Regards
knotpc

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom