Toshiba RD 100KB problems

1vincent

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

This is my 1st post on here.

After much thought i have replaced my old trusty Liteon dvd/hdd recorder with a freeview dvd/hdd recorder.

I did get a Lg 498h 2 weeks ago but on day 2 it played up so it went back.

Yesterday i got the Toshiba unit.
The manual is to say the least not very helpful.
I need help with 3 things if anybody can help with;

1. Is it able to copy stuff from usb stick onto the hard drive. I have played stuff from the usb to see if it works.

2. I download tv programmes from thebox.bz which is all british tv if i miss them. Is it possible to copy from computer onto dvd and then copy onto the rd100 hard drive. I have put some progs onto dvd and they playback but cant get them to copy/dubbing to the hard drive. I tried dvdrw- and + types but they play ok but the manual says you dub from dvd to hdd or the otherway way round.

3. I use an aerial lead from sky box downstairs which i know is analogue into the dvd/hdd unit. Can i rename this channel as SKY as it only displays as "1" onscreen. The manual only says you can only move or skip channel.

The manual is like the pages where printed and then thrown in the air and put together in any order. I did send an email to Toshiba but the one i got back suggested i call them up and speak to them.

Thank you and if you have questions please ask.

Welcome to the forum.

1. Is it able to copy stuff from usb stick onto the hard drive. I have played stuff from the usb to see if it works.

No. You can play only MP3, JPEG's and DivX from USB.
2. I download tv programmes from thebox.bz which is all british tv if i miss them. Is it possible to copy from computer onto dvd and then copy onto the rd100 hard drive. I have put some progs onto dvd and they playback but cant get them to copy/dubbing to the hard drive. I tried dvdrw- and + types but they play ok but the manual says you dub from dvd to hdd or the otherway way round.

From page 41 of the manual:

High speed dubbing is not available when;
- dubbing from a video mode DVD-RW/-R or DVD+RW/+R disc to the HDD.
- there is not enough space in the disc.
- dubbing a title recorded in EP or SLP mode to DVD+RW/+R discs.​

From which I would conclude that it should be possible to copy from DVD to HDD provided you use either an appropriate copy mode ...or, record the original disc in VR mode.
3. I use an aerial lead from sky box downstairs which i know is analogue into the dvd/hdd unit. Can i rename this channel as SKY as it only displays as "1" onscreen. The manual only says you can only move or skip channel.

I can only find channel naming being available for DVB.

Thank you Gavtech for the reply.

Questions 1 and 3 was what i thought but on the LG i had it was able to copy to hard drive ok.
Question 2 i have tried what is in page 41 but if i choose a title to dub the option to dub is greyed out. I cant seem to get the blank dvd to format on the unit either. So frustrating.
I am starting to think that the unit maybe faulty.
Like i have said about emailing Toshiba they want you to call them on an 0844 number which i have to pay for.
Only had the unit 6 days so i may have to return it.

Vince

Hello.

I done some digging about dvd-rw discs not working and i maybe the way they are burned on a pc drive making them not work in the RD100. They play ok but not able to copy from disc to hard drive. In some forums it said they needed to be udf or VR/VM mode. I am not sure.
The other problem i found out is that i cant get TEXT on the RD100. Ablank screen comes up with a small window of the programme i am watching. I can get text on the freeview tv but not through the unit. It was working at the weekend but not now.
Can this be fixed or have i bought a duff dvd/hdd unit?

Vince.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom